Your online community space can be the most supportive resource for your students. In episode 4, we’re going to talk about how to create focused community spaces for your students to connect, collaborate, share and support one-another through your eCourse transformation.
Watch, listen and check out the show notes below…
EPISODE 4 SHOW NOTES:
The Three Phases of Growing your Community:
1. Getting it Going:
– At the core of every community is one thing. PASSION!
– Create the community you’ve always wanted to be a part of.
– Before launching your community, write out your “Code of Honour.”
a) Write a list of all the things you DO and DON’T like from the communities you’re a part of.
b) Write out all the features that are most important to your community.
c) Draft up your Code of Honour (watch/listen to episode to hear ours).
2. Keeping it Going:
– Quality of conversation is more important than quantity.
– Follow up on old conversations to re-spark people’s inspiration.
– Be present & have other representatives who keep the conversations going.
– Use email to direct members to hot topics and conversations.
– Encouraging your community to post videos and images is great for engagement.
– Gamify your community experience with challenges.
a) Write out your 2-3 key strategies for keeping your community engaged.
b) If you were interviewed on Oprah, what 5 questions would you want her to ask you? (these will identify the conversations you want to be having in your community)
3. It Goes on its Own:
– This is when your community takes on a life of its own (the goal).
– Be committed to the longterm journey and keep showing up for your members.
– Be patient and don’t get discouraged on the journey of getting here.
TWEETABLE: “If you want more conversions, start having more meaningful conversations.” – The Great eCourse Adventure
Before you check out the links provided before, we encourage you to start where you are, with the budget you have and the level of tech skills you have.
Below are a bunch of different resources you can check out for building your online community experience.
We hope this has been another informative, inspiring episode of eCourse Adventures LIVE. Let us know your biggest takeaway or most burning questions around eCourse Creation!
Join us on the mountain in the Great eCourse adventure. Get your Trail Pass today!